Stryker

Sith Minion

• Friends
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

General info
Main Character Name : Stryker
Main Character Class : Deception Assassin

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) : Can offer either DPS or Healer, I enjoy playing both equally as much. If your low on tanks I can do that too on the Assassin with pretty decent gear

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Raider

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)
20:30 – 23:00 Tuesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Friday: Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Monday : I work late Mondays but possibly

Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? :  Yes, have joined you guys on a couple of ops. I'm rubbish with names but Wodawick Kaido and Hanah might remember remember me.

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave : Dark Vanguard currently. Its a very nice social guild but little to no guild ops which leaves you with pugging everything. This is fine for the most part on SM but I really enjoy the challenges of HM's and pugging is more miss than hit when doing that.

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
Eternity Vault (EV)? : Cleared NiM
Karagga's Palace (KP)? : Cleared NiM
Denova (EC)? : Cleared NiM

Asation (TFB)? : 4/5 HM

Darvannis (S&V)? : 6/7 HM

Golden Fury (TC)? : Cleared HM

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?

The only other MMO I've played prior to swtor was wow. For around 3 years I was part of a semi hardcore 25 man raiding in the guild "The Scholars of Light" that was ranked server 1st/2nd on the Alliance side of Bronzebeard. We focused exclusive on progression with lots of server first kills in 25 heroic. I started out at the beginning of Wrath and it all ended around mid way through cataclysm. We lost a few key officers in the guild due to burnout including the maintank and also the raid leader. It kinda killed the guild and despite trying to carrying on moral dropped and we lost more long standing members in the attrition. I quit and left MMO's for several months until swtor came out at the end of 2011.

What do you find is good about SW:TOR?
Great ops, smooth animations, interesting class abilities and tree's. It also has quite a good community (compared to wow).

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR?

Class balance is rarely addressed, no UI customisation aside from the standard setup.

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to?
Done a couple of ops with you guys and your a very friendly bunch. I've been on mumble and its clear you consider this a game and not a job. Too many guilds just see you as a number unfortunately, especially the hardcore raiding types. You have a good balance imo.

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do?
One word, stealth! Absolutely love it. Great in pvp, great for soloing content. Both my characters I'm applying on are stealthers - operative and assassin.

Tell us a little about yourself.
Regular guy. Friendly and always happy to help out if possible. Have been an avid fan of gaming since my first C64 nearly 30 years ago. I keep getting told I'll grow out of it but honestly the older I get the worse I am! The girlfriend looks at me gone out when I say I want to spend £250 on a new graphics card. She thinks it'd be better spend on rolls of Next wallpaper of course. Wrong!

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) :

Yes

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Good morning Styker and thank you for your application.

We'll discuss it and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.

Typically, reviewing and discussing your application takes 2 to 3 days while we get feedback from our members. Please bear with us.

If you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Caldazar or Wodawick in-game.

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Accepted for trial.

Please whisper Wodawick or Caldazar for a /ginvite whenever you're free.

We'll talk to you about role when you're in. But right now, despite needing a healer, we're leaning towards you coming in as DPS.

Once you've been invited, we'll open up access to the forums for you.

so when you get chance, please go read our Introduction, Rules and Announcements forum for things like voice comms details and how to set up access to the raid planner.

And welcome to CD.

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#4 Stryker

Stryker

Sith Minion

• Friends
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for the chance wodawick and the rest of CD.

See you soon!