Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

General info
Main Character Name : Georteth
Main Character Class : Imperial Agent - Operative

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) : Healer

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Joining as a social at the moment while I gear up my character to acceptable raid standards and then hopefully join in OPS teams

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)
20:30 – 23:00 Tuesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Friday: Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Monday : Yes

*Currently we don't raid Monday, but it's handy to know.

Times given are CET. For the UK, subtract 1 hour. For other regions, I'll leave that for you to work out.

Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? : No I don't to be honest I only just started the game in November and got my character to 50 so I don't really know anyone on the server yet.

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave : 
(if you've been in multiple guilds within the last 3 months, please list all of them).

Not had the opportunity to join decent friendly guild yet on this game

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
Eternity Vault (EV)? : None
Karagga's Palace (KP)? : done the majority of it in SM though
Denova (EC)? : None

Asation (TFB)? : None

Dont let that put you off me, I'm a really fast learner for encounters!

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?
I used to play the demon game known as 'WoW' and was the main tank for 10 man and 25 man guilds and cleared everything up from Karazhan up until ICC when I switched to my rogue  for cataclysm and raided the 10 man versions of the instances on both normal and Heroic modes then release of MoP came about where I had levelled a DK to tank with and had some success with but then I discovered SW:TOR and here I am now,

What do you find is good about SW:TOR?
Honestly I've found the class stories to be one of the best additions to the format of game in many recent years, they just kept me hooked all the way through levelling.

I found the class designs to be quite unique as well particularly the agents form of mana and the effects that a well played character can have on a group.

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR?
So far I've yet to find anything seriously bad with the game as a whole but if I had to pick something that annoyed me while levelling was that the enemies kept falling through the floor and I couldn't hit them or even see them, killed me a few times it was damn annoying!!

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to?
I'd been browsing the server forums for a while now reading all the proper advertisements for guilds and I found just by the advert I'd found a group of similarly minded players and it would be much more enjoyable to play the game with people that like to have a relaxed attitude to the game and not all huff and puff-speedruns.

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do?
Agent = Spy (usually 9/10 they are amazing stories)

I actually picked operative by mistake in the beginning with it being my first character and tried to level as concealment spec but I wasnt really doing much damage and the queues were so long for FP's so I gave healing a go for a faster run at about 13 and have been hooked since.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Due to being an avid gamer I've got a massive love for games such as the Mass Effect series and Im quite sweet on Battlefield 3 at the moment for some reason and also an avid Star Wars fan (Even got my own Lightsaber! Anakin's blade and pommel looks badass) .I'm a university student up at Teesside studying Crime and Investigation and just entering the last few months of my course so its all hotting up!

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) 
Yes of course
What was the Mystery Phrase ? :

There are rainbows and unicorns down there

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Georteth, thank you for your application.
We'll discuss it and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Caldazar or Wodawick in-game. (or our alts, Rocheforth, Doe or Barclays)

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Georteth

Georteth

Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I forgot to add to this that I only just managed to hit 50 yesterday so still in the process of getting gear up for it past Tion/Columi so far

#4 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

We did have a couple of questions regarding your "social" status -vs- full progression raiding and some other minor stuff... But we've decided that can probably sort itself while you're actually on your trial.

So... Accepted for trial.

Please whisper Caldazar, Wodawick, Rocheforth or Doe for a /ginvite.

We'd urge you to try to pick up the daily and weekly flashpoint quests from the terminal in the supplies area and do at least one flashpoint for the 5x bonus Black Hole commendations each day.

As a guild, we'll make sure you get the operations weekly quests done for an additional 45 comms each week. Plus whatever gear you pick up along the way.

Once you've accepted your /ginvite, we'll open up the forums for you. When you have access, please go read our Introduction, Rules and Announcements forum for things like voice comms details and how to set up access to the raid planner.

And welcome to CD.

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.