Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

General info
Main Character Name : Braedin
Main Character Class : Sith Juggernaut

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) : DPS

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Raider (would be more than happy to apply with 16 man raids in mind if you have enough people for 8 mans.)

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)
20:30 – 23:00 Tuesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Friday: No (Work commitments)
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Monday :Yes

*Currently we don't raid Monday, but it's handy to know.

Times given are CET. For the UK, subtract 1 hour. For other regions, I'll leave that for you to work out.

Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? : No

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave :
(if you've been in multiple guilds within the last 3 months, please list all of them).

I was in a guild called Guardians of Tython who were based on the Shadowlands server before the second server merge. Unfortunately I had to stop playing SWTOR for a while due to exams. I ended up taking more time off from SWTOR than I'd intended and when I came back on I found that the guild had been disbanded.

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
Eternity Vault (EV)? : 5/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode
Karagga's Palace (KP)? : 5/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode
Denova (EC)? : 4/4 storymode

Asation (TFB)? : none

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?

The only other MMO I have played for any considerable amount of time is WoW. I played it on and off since just before the release of TBC and quit shortly before SWTOR's release. I didn't really do much raiding in WoW aside from the occasional pug, so the majority of my experience is from my time with my previous guild where I played as a dps Jedi Shadow.

What do you find is good about SW:TOR?

I love the class storylines, which was the main reason I decided to start playing. I was also impressed with how epic some of the boss fights manage to feel, particularly Soa in EV.

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR?

My only complaint about SWTOR is the lack of different armor sets and consequently the lack of character customization, although this does seem like it is being addressed, if a little slowly ;)

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to?

I've been browsing the server forums for a few weeks now looking at different guilds, and Continental Drift seems, hands down, one of the best. It's clear that a lot of time and effort has gone into the website and from reading through your recruitment post I can see that you take raiding seriously but not at the expense of being fair and having fun along the way, which really appeals to me.

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do?

To be honest I only started my juggernaut because I wanted to play through the story, however the playstyle really started to grow on me and I felt that I could see myself enjoying it at endgame.

Tell us a little about yourself.

I've just finished my A-levels at College and am planning on applying to the Royal Marines in the Summer. I'm currently working at McDonalds (it pays the bills lol) while I get myself fit enough to apply to the Marines. When I'm not training I'm usually playing video games or reading, I'm currently reading a series called The Dresden Files, which I would highly recommend to anyone that enjoys the fantasy/supernatural genre.

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) : Yes

What was the Mystery Phrase ? : There are Rainbows and Unicorns down there.

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Good afternoon Braedin.
We'll discuss it and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.

As we pointed out on another recent application, we have been considering 16man for a while, but we're not quite there yet.
To the point where we might have 12 or 13 people available for runs on Tuesdays and Wednesday, then be struggling for people on Sundays.

You've mentioned you're okay hanging around for 16mans and I'd love to say we'd be moving to that shortly. But right now, it's something we want to do - but haven't made any specific plans other than mentioning it in the recruitment posts. That could easily mean you'd raid semi-infrequently for what could be up to two months, maybe even longer. I don't want to discourage you, but it's in our nature to look out for people, even potential recruits.

Meanwhile, as I say, I've already copied your application to a place within our forums where the members can discuss it. We'll get back to you as quickly as we can.

if you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Thylur, Dezire, Caldazar or Wodawick in-game.

I'm currently reading a series called The Dresden Files, which I would highly recommend to anyone that enjoys the fantasy/supernatural genre.

Yup me too. I just finished the most recent book. Fair warning though. He's said he's likely to write at least another 7 more... then wrap up the whole series with an additional 3 books. Hope you weren't in a hurry to find out what's REALLY going on.

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Please bear with us. Discussing your application ties in to the possible move to 16man raiding which makes the discussion a little less straight forward than usual.

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.

#4 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

As much as it pains me to do so, we're going to have to say no to your application.

We still can't reach a consensus on whether we should go to 16man and we feel it would be completely unfair to bring you in with that in mind and then leave you dangling while we continue to talk about it.

Right now, we're gearing up 4 new members with the aim of swapping people around in order to reduce the number of DPS and increase the number of healers.

As you've seen yourself, there are days when we've got so many people - 16man raiding is almost possible. But realistically we're still an 8man team right now and adding more people would just mean even less chance for raiding for each individual DPS on any given night, including yourself, maybe even especially yourself.

We do like your application and with slightly different timing, would have loved the chance to bring you into the guild.

Right now, the best we could offer you would be a social spot. That's a considerably decreased chance of raiding and whilst we do prioritise social members of the guild for one raid per week, that is primarily focused on gearing up people - which I doubt would apply to you. Depending on what you want from the game right now, that might suit you.

We hate to turn good people down, but we'd rather look out for what we would consider to be your best interests.

If however, you might consider a social spot within the guild. Let us know and we can sort that out immediately.

#5 Braedin

Braedin

Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I can't say i'm not disappointed, however I completely understand where you're coming from and would likely have made the same decision if I were in your position.

I appreciate the offer of a social spot, however I must decline.

Thanks again for taking the time to review my application and for the feedback. I wish you and the guild every success in the future.