Darth Ravvik - Juggernaught

Darth Yoink - Inquisitor Assassin

Darth Ravvik=34

Darth Yoink=35

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) :

Darth Ravvik - Tank

Darth Yoink - DPS

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Both

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)
20:30 – 23:00 Tuesday : Both Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday : Both Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Friday: Both Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday : Both Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Monday : Both Yes

*Currently we don't raid Monday, but it's handy to know.

Times given are CET. For the UK, subtract 1 hour. For other regions, I'll leave that for you to work out.

Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? : 

No

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave : 
(if you've been in multiple guilds within the last 3 months, please list all of them).

Current Guild is Malicious Intent, we've been with them since launch but all the members stopped playing months ago, me and a friend have continued in an empty guild ever since.... we're lonely! Only so much you can do with 2x people :(

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
Eternity Vault? : None
Karagga's Palace? : None
Explosive Conflict? : None

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?

Anarchy Online

Eve Online

WOW

Star Trek Online

What do you find is good about SW:TOR?
Been playing since launch, still love it, think it's a great game.... and it's Star Wars

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR?
.... Can be a lonely place on your own... with a small group :D

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to?
Like the sound of the guild, think we would fit in nicely

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do?
Sith Warrior all the way!!

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a network engineer by trade, have been a massive gamer all my life starting on good ole commodore 64 and ZX spectrums. Me and the other person that is hoping to join have been playing multiplayer games since lightbikes got released those many moons ago!

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) 

Yes

What was the Mystery Phrase ? :

There are rainbows and unicorns down there

I do pay and maintain my own Ventrillo server should the guild not have voice comms....

Hope to join you soon :)

Cheers

Steve

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Ravvik, thank you for your applications.

We'll discuss them and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.

Obviously it's Christmas and hardly anyone is around, so I hope you can bear with us - we're probably not going to be able to give you answers within 24 hours.

It's not immediately necessary, but if your applications are accepted, Yoink will need to create a forum account of his own before he could be invited into the guild. Since most of our activities are coordinated through the website (including raid signups).

If you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Thylur, Dezire, Caldazar or Wodawick in-game.

However, I do have two questions to start with.

• What have you guys been doing for a year?
  • What are your raiding expectations, in terms of days and difficulty?

The two questions are a reaction to the amount of time you've played... yet you've said you haven't completed Eternity Vault or Karagga's Palace on any level.

It's not a problem. You could say you'd both newly dinged 50 yesterday and we'd still consider the applications. Gear and experience are both things we can do something about rather quickly, but only if we understand what drives you to play and continue playing.

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Ravvik

Ravvik

Sith Apprentice

• Friends
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCoventry, UK

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for the reply

We have both been level 50 for a couple of weeks basically just working as a double act on flashpoints and daily's, because no one else in our guild logs on anymore (They all went to play Guild Wars).

We both want to get into raiding hence why we're looking for another guild now. We just haven't been able to do these things with it just being 2 of us. We're both keen on running raids whenever they are being run, that is most evenings and weekends

#4 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I suppose the other thing to mention is that the way we organise raids could mean that one of you is raiding on a given night and the other wouldn't be.

We've had situations in this game and previous ones where close friends, flat mates, partners or husbands/wives don't really think this through all the way.

Especially if it's people who've been close for a long while. Where it can feel like "erm, now I've got nothing to do tonight and we can't even do something else together in-game or in real life".

So I'll draw your attention to it now and ask you both if that's okay?

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.

#5 Ravvik

Ravvik

Sith Apprentice

• Friends
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCoventry, UK

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

I had actually already thought about that but like you said in the recruitment thread the way you organize is to give everyone an equal chance of getting on the raid. I think that's fair enough and don't mind that at all, it's what i'd expect :)

I'll get the other guy to register here too

#6 Yoink

Yoink

Sith Warrior

• Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

What have you guys been doing for a year?

Up to the point of the guild members moving to guild wars we were pre lvl 50 hence we've not done Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace and Explosive Conflict, since we have been lvl 50 we have been doing the dailies mostly to get the ear pieces and such and to get our companions gear to a decent lvl, we also have another toon we have started. A side note is we have a full set of Tionese amour each.

What are your raiding expectations, in terms of days and difficulty?

As stated above we are free pretty much any day/time (real life allowing), i have my daughter stop with me 1 week end out of the month (normally the last week end) so i will not be online during that time.

The raid organisation is as i would expect, if one or the other of us dont get on a raid im sure we can find other things to do.

#7 Dezire

Dezire

Sith Apprentice

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKent, Uk

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Welcome to the forums guys :)

• Ravvik likes this

#8 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Just to keep you up to date.

We've a couple of people visiting families, etc. right now for Xmas and we'd like to give everyone chance to comment. Not everyone WILL comment, but we like to give everyone the opportunity.

For that reason, we're probably not going to be able to give you a definite answer before Sunday.

We should be able to give you a fairly quick answer by Sunday or Monday though.

#9 Ravvik

Ravvik

Sith Apprentice

• Friends
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCoventry, UK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for letting us know, to be expected, it's a pretty hectic time of year :)

#10 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Accepted for trial (both of you).

Please whisper Thylur, Dezire, Wodawick or Caldazar for a /ginvite whenever you are online.

Being the holiday season, a lot of us aren't online as much as usual. So we'll try and look out for you whenever one of us logs in.

Once you've been invited, we'll open up access to the forums for you.

so when you get chance, please go read our Introduction, Rules and Announcements forum for things like voice comms details and how to set up access to the raid planner.

And welcome to CD.