• 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hi everyone.

General info
Main Character Name : Citani
Main Character Class : Assassin

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) : Tank

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Both

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)

20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Thursday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Monday : Yes

TBH most days are ok (except Saturday), I just have to clear it with my better half a few days in advance and/or coordinate with her work schedule. Will probably be able to do 2 or 3 a week.

Times given are CET. For the UK, subtract 1 hour. For other regions, I'll leave that for you to work out.

Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? : No - a few names look familiar so I assume group finder as put us together at certain points.

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave :
(if you've been in multiple guilds within the last 3 months, please list all of them).
Destroyers of the Order - left due to most of the rest of the guild moving over to GW2 & Eve. Stuck it out for a while, pugging and hoping they'd see the light and come back, but it looks like it's not happening. Need a new home as I'd really like to start mastering EC HM and the new content. And guild chat was too damn quiet.

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
On this toon......
Eternity Vault? : HM 5/5
Karagga's Palace? : HM 5/5
Explosive Conflict? : SM 4/4

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?
No previous MMOs. SWTOR was the first one that really grabbed me - still bummed they're not making any more KOTOR sequels.

What do you find is good about SW:TOR?
The setting is the main thing, then: plotlines, voice acting, complexity of some bosses.

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR?
Different bugs every patch! Not a dealbreaker, but annoying all the same.

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to?
Former guildmate heard your shout on the fleet so we decided to look into it. Had a poke around the website and liked what I saw. Helps that you need a tank as well :P

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do?
Started as a DPS merc - fun (who doesn't love missiles and lasers?), but feels a bit detached some times. Tank is right in the middle of everything - more pressure, but I enjoy it more.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I live in the south of England with my very long term and long suffering girlfriend, work in geophysics (9-5 office grind). Like to let off steam by riding bikes, playing computer games, drinking beer and talking nonsense of an evening.

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) : Yes

What was the Mystery Phrase ? : There are rainbows and unicorns down there

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Citani, thank you for your application. I did see this earlier... but forgot to add this note.
We'll discuss it and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.

It's only fair to warn you that our members aren't hugely active on the forums at weekends. We'll try and point a couple of people at your application before Friday is upon us.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Caldazar or Wodawick in-game.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

You mentioned a guildmate who saw me spamming my recruitment messages.
Would that be Adusan?

Whether it's Adusan or not, is that guildmate thinking of applying too? And if so, would it be a package deal?
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.

#4 Citani

Citani

Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

That was Adusan.
I wouldn't like to speak too much for him, but I know he was certainly leaning towards applying last night and then got distracted by an EC SM pug.
One of the most reliable healers I've run across and a nice bloke as well.

As for whether we're a package deal or not - would be a shame to split us up, I think, but I wouldn't hold him back if you just needed the one of us.

Feel free to ask further questions as long as they're not too personal.

Oh yes, and I'm not overly worried about timeframe either. I've effectively been guildless in all but name for just over a month now (apart form a valiant attempt by Adusan to rally the guild 2 or 3 weeks ago), so a few days or more won't kill me.

#5 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Cheers Citani.

Aye. I was distracted by our guild raid at the time he was speaking to me too. I did think at one point he said he'd actually posted an application, but I guess he meant he's created an account on the forums (people kept pulling trash while I was trying to heal, while I was trying to whisper him - I was distracted :wacko: )
I'll be trying to catch him today, but if you speak to him before I do - can you remind him to please post an application using the template provided as you have already done.

Our process for applications is that our members discuss applications in a separate area of the forums and any relevant questions are posted by me or Caldazar here. Which means we get chance to vet all questions before they are asked... so no, you won't be getting asked any "too personal" questions :P

As for the package deal thing... It just adds an extra dynamic into the recruitment and initiate process. More often than not, it's a positive force. But sometimes it can also be limiting (imagine husband and wife, both healers, both taking the same night off every Wednesday to go to their basket weaving class). It also impacts at the end of an initiation, where our members vote whether to promote someone or not... where there is the extra dynamic of "if we vote [no] to Person-X, does that mean we also lose Person-Y?". We plan ahead for stuff like that.

With that in mind, my only question is are you both IRL friends who would regularly take the same night off to go do stuff together? Even if it's an online thing, like competitive Starcraft II matches or something.
... and I want to emphasise, our only interest here is if we could potentially lose a healer AND a tank on the same night on a regular basis.

One final question... One of the things we're just started discussing is possibly swapping one of our current raid days to a Tuesday.
Would Tuesday be okay for you as a raid night and if so, what night(s) would you consider dropping in favour of Tuesday?

#6 Citani

Citani

Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

We're guildmates - never met in RL or have any other activites that we share, but get on well online. Our schedules are not interlinked.

As for the other question...Tuesday is as good as any other night for me. Have no preference as to which night would be dropped for it.
My availability to raid is largely determined by mine and my girlfriends social and work commitments. As long as I "book" the night 3 or 4 days in advance, there's usually no problem. My other hobbies don't interfere.

#7 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Accepted for trial.

Please whisper Wodawick, Doe or Caldazar for a /ginvite.

When you get chance, please go read our Introduction, Rules and Announcements forum for things like voice comms details and how to set up access to the raid planner.

And welcome to CD.