• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

General info
Main Character Name : Hanah
Main Character Class : Bounty Hunter / Merc

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) : Healer

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Raider

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)
- To be upfront I can't raid Mon/Thurs as I work late on these evenings but will be there Sun and Wed
20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Thursday : No
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday : Yes
20:30 – 23:00 Monday : No

Times given are CET. For the UK, subtract 1 hour. For other regions, I'll leave that for you to work out.

Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? : No

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave : I used to be in Focus but key officers left the game and we never seemed to have a full raid team- everyone then just seemed to drift away

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
Eternity Vault? : Complete including title on Nightmare
Karagga's Palace? : Complete including title on Nightmare
Explosive Conflict? : Complete on SM and 3/4 on HM

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?
I used to play WoW several years ago - I left due to work after TBC in TBC we raided all apart from Sunwell

What do you find is good about SW:TOR? The star wars settings is one of the best settings for an MMO possible (at least in my opinion) I also really like the companion system and how it links up with crew skills.

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR? New content hasn't been coming quick enough I don't think. This has meant numbers have dropped (what caused my old guild to collapse)

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to? Saw advertisement on a forum/in chat - due to my work commitments I need a guild that is understanding - it seems like you are.

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do? I knew I wanted to play a healer so I tried Sorc and BH and I enjoyed BH the most during levelling so I stuck with it.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I live in the UK - work in the IT industry - and strangely enough decide to play computer games in my free time :)

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) : Yes

What was the Mystery Phrase ? : Serenity

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

What was the Mystery Phrase ? : Serenity

Not quite, but close enough.

Hanah, thank you for your application.
We'll discuss it and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Caldazar or Wodawick in-game.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

You mentioned working late on Thursdays and Mondays...

Is that a fixed shift pattern or is it subject to change occasionally?

Assuming it's fixed... Is Wednesday the only midweek night you'd be available? Or might Tuesday be an option too?
I suppose I should cover all the days of the week while I'm on a roll... What about Fridays and Saturdays too?

Finally, our progression as a guild is behind your own. You've thought through raiding with people who are going to wipe on content you've already completed? And you're okay with that?
We have our reasons why that has been the case, and we're hoping to massively improve on it... but it is something we need to mention.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.

#4 Hanah

Hanah

Sith Apprentice

• Friends
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hi,

Mon/Thur is pretty much fixed. I will be around pretty much all Tues and Weds evenings and most (say 3/4) Friday's - I will also be there on Sundays. I would probably not be around on Saturday nights. I noticed that you haven't done denova HM - it was never really on total farm (apart from the 1st boss) in my old guild so its not a massive loss for me. At the end of the day I just want to do ops.

#5 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Cheers Hanah.

Fridays and Saturdays are a non-issue for us as a guild right now. I just got carried away. ;)
Likewise, we don't raid Tuesdays. Partly out of an old habit of trying to avoid raiding on maintenance/patch days and partly by preference of a few raiders who no longer raid with us.

The Denova HM thing. It's in our nature to hope for the best and plan for the worst. We have in the past talked players out of applying to the guild. We're not a selfish guild and are focused not just on what's best for us... but also for you. Hence the question.

#6 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Accepted for trial.

Please whisper Wodawick, Doe or Caldazar for a /ginvite.

When you get chance, please go read our Introduction, Rules and Announcements forum for things like voice comms details and how to set up access to the raid planner.

And welcome to CD.