Photo
- - - - -

Just when you thought it was safe to log in... Server Consolidations.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Server Consolidation

Hi everyone,

Earlier this summer we launched the Free Character Transfer Program which offered players the option to transfer their characters from specific origin servers to selected destination servers. Following the success of the Free Character Transfer Program, and after closely monitoring server populations, we have now taken the next step in our on-going server population balancing process. We have upgraded destination servers in order to support a significantly higher number of players. As of tomorrow, all characters on origin servers will be automatically moved onto the upgraded high population destination servers. By centralizing our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.

As a result, you may find that some of your characters are now located on a different server. If your characters have been moved, you can find their new location on the server selection screen by clicking on the “Characters” column. Please be aware that no characters have been deleted as part of this process – all of your characters are still available to you and are ready to play!

However, you may find a red exclamation point next to your character’s name on the character selection screen. This means that due to the consolidation, you will have to rename that character. Rest assured that we took a variety of factors into account when determining which characters needed to be renamed. For more information, please visit or Server Consolidation FAQ.

Additionally, players no longer need to have a unique Legacy name per server. Therefore, everyone will have an opportunity to create a new Legacy Name upon logging in to their character.

Finally, if one or more guilds with the same name exists on the same high population destination server, the guilds may find that their guild name has been changed to OriginalGuildName@OriginServer. Leaders of guilds who have been renamed in this manner and who wish to change their guild name will have a rename button available to them through their Guild Management window. Please note that while there is no time limit on the use of this button (at this time), it can only be used once.

Everything will be consolidated tomorrow and if you run into any issues, please let us know by posting in the forums. For more information, visit our Server Consolidation FAQ.

Thank you for your continued support!
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

The Red Eclipse

...is being merged with.....

The Red Eclipse, Nightmare Lands, Dune Bantha, Goluud Corridor, Sluis Shipyards, Dxun Battle Circle, The Arkanian Legacy, Bacca's Blade, Eye of Ashlanae, Bao-Dur, Flames of the Crucible, Luka Sene, Rogue Moon, Kellian Jarro, Peragus Mining Facility, Ludo Kressh, Hydian Way, Sith'ari, Hidden Beks, Frostclaw

Server Consolidation – High Population Servers Live as of September 18, 2012

Earlier this summer we launched the Free Character Transfer Program which offered players the option to transfer their characters from specific origin servers to selected higher population destination servers. Following the success of the Free Character Transfer Program, and after closely monitoring server populations, we have now taken the next step in our on-going server population balancing process. We have upgraded destination servers in order to support a significantly higher number of players. In addition to this, all characters on origin servers have now been automatically transferred to be consolidated onto the upgraded destination servers. By centralizing our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.

As a result, you may find that some of your characters are now located on a different server. If your characters have been moved, you can find their new location on the server selection screen by clicking on the "Characters" column. Please be aware that no characters have been deleted as part of this process – all of your characters are still available to you and are ready to play!

My Server is being consolidated, what does this mean?

The server consolidation process is the latest step in our on-going server population balancing efforts, which began with the Free Character Transfer Program. The process involves the migration of the populations of several specific origin servers onto larger, Higher Population destination servers. These servers were originaly targeted as destination servers during the Free Character Transfer Program, and have been upgraded in order to support a significantly higher number of players. By centralizing our player populations on these Higher Population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.

For more information, please visit www.swtor.com/transfer

Why is my server being consolidated?

As part of server population balancing efforts, destination servers have been upgraded in order to support a significantly higher number of players. We have made the decision to centralize our player populations on a group of larger, higher population destination servers. This means that we can offer players what we feel is the best possible play experience.

There were a number of factors which we used to decide which servers should be consolidated, and we feel that the decisions we have made will allow for the smoothest consolidation process, causing the least amount of disruption to our players.

For more information, please visit www.swtor.com/transfer.

Will I lose my characters if my server is being consolidated?

No characters will be deleted during the server consolidation process. All characters will be moved to their new higher population destination servers, regardless of faction, level or class, and will be available to play. We are aware that players may have multiple characters spread across a number of servers that have been consolidated, so we have increased the character cap on a server to 12 (up from 8).
If the server consolidations have resulted in your account having more than 12 characters on your new server, you will keep all of your characters, and they will all remain available for play.

However, it will not be possible for you to create a new character if you have 12 or more characters on a server. In order to create a new character you must have a character list which contains 11 characters or less.

One of the consequences of server consolidations is that in some cases there may be character name conflicts. We are aware that character names are extremely important to players, and have done our best to make sure that these conflicts are dealt with as fairly as possible. For more information on character name issues following the server consolidation process, please visit the Help Center question located here.

As a Guild Leader, what do I need to know to prepare for server consolidations?

There’s nothing Guild Leaders need to do in order to prepare for server consolidations, as all guild information is automatically migrated with characters during the consolidation process. This includes guild membership, guild leadership structures, guild member ranks, guild banks, guild bank contents, and vault shelf access rights.

Please note that if one or more guilds with the same name exists on the same high population destination server the guilds may find that their guild name has been changed to OriginalGuildName@OriginServer. Leaders of guilds who have been renamed in this manner and who wish to change their guild name will have a rename button available to them through their Guild Management window. Please note that while there is no time limit on the use of this button (at this time), it can only be used once.

How will I know where to find my characters if they have moved due to server consolidations?

When you log in for the first time after the server consolidations have taken place, there will be a pop-up message on-screen letting you know that servers have been consolidated.

On the character selection screen your new server name will be visible at the top of the screen (“Select character – Server Name”). This screen will also display your characters on that server. Please be aware that there may be multiple “pages” at Character Selection if you now have more than twelve characters in total on that server – click on the arrow to browse through the pages.

If you wish, you can exit back to the server selection screen and click on the “Characters” column to see which servers now have characters belonging to you on them.

Will a server consolidation affect my currently active auctions?

Auctions and in-game mail should be unaffected by consolidations. If you have any items listed on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN) at the time the server consolidation takes place, your auctions will transition to your new server’s GTN with the same pricing. Similarly, any in-game mail in your character’s mailbox will still be there following the server consolidation.

How will a server consolidation affect my Warzone rating?

Your Warzone rating will not be affected at all by the consolidation – it will stay the same as it was on your original server. Please be aware however, that with a bigger pool of combatants to draw from, the Ranked Warzone experience will become increasingly competitive.

Will a server consolidation affect my active missions?

No, your active missions will not be affected by the server consolidation. You should find your mission log intact and up-to-date. If this is not the case on any of your characters, please contact Customer Service and provide them with detailed information on the issue you have encountered.

I have separate Legacies on servers that are being consolidated, what will happen when they are consolidated?

The first time that you log in to a server where you have unlocked a Legacy, you will be prompted to choose a Legacy name.

Please be aware that this does not mean that your original Legacy name is unavailable.

Following the server consolidation, Legacy names are no longer required to be unique on a server (for example, there can now be multiple “Superawesome” Legacies on a server!), which means that as long as your Legacy name is acceptable according to our naming policy, you will be able to choose it.

If the server consolidation has resulted in you having multiple Legacies on the same server, then your highest Legacy level will be applied. Your new Legacy will automatically combine any Legacy Traits you may have unlocked across those Legacies, and any characters that have purchased Legacy Perks will still have them following the server consolidation.

Will a server consolidation increase the amount of time I need to queue to log in?

No, it will not. In fact, the likelihood is that queue times will decrease as our higher population destination servers have significantly higher capacity and allow for more players logged in at one time than ever before. We cannot promise that server queues will be a thing of the past, but we do hope that they are something that players will encounter much less frequently under the new system.

I have eight (8) characters on my server, but I also have characters active on the server it is merging with. What will happen to these characters?

Don’t worry; you will not lose any of your characters as a result of the server consolidations! We have made sure that no matter how many characters you may have had on origin servers, there will be room made for them on the higher population destination servers.
In order to do this, we started by raising the character limit per server to twelve (12). This new limit is applied to all accounts, even those who currently have fewer than eight characters across all servers.
For players who have more than twelve characters that are migrating to the same higher population server, we have created an extended character selection screen with different “pages” to hold all of your characters. You can use the arrows at the bottom of the character selection screen to navigate these pages.
It will not, however, be possible for you to create a new character if you have 12 or more characters on a server. In order to create a new character you must have a character list which contains 11 characters or less on that server.

How does a server consolidation work?

With server consolidations, we have built on the foundations of the Free Character Transfer Service and have combined all characters and their associated data from a series of source origin servers and moved them to our higher population destination servers. These higher population destination servers host the communities, players, and guilds from the entire game population in one space, and are designed to hold more players at one time than ever before. We’re confident that players will have the best possible play experience, regardless of character level, on these higher population destination servers.

What happens to my characters if I’m unsubscribed while the server consolidations take place?

As server consolidations are an automated process, your characters will have been moved to their destination server(s) regardless of whether you are currently subscribed to the game or not. We’ve done this to ensure that you’ll be able to jump straight back in to playing on your characters when you decide you’d like to come back to STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Will Guilds and Guild Banks transfer automatically as part of the server consolidations?

In order to make the transition as seamless as possible, Guild information is automatically migrated with characters during the consolidation process. This includes Guild membership, Guild leadership structures, Guild member ranks, Guild banks, Guild bank contents, and vault shelf access rights.

Will I keep my name when my server is consolidated?

We are aware of how important character names are to our players and so we have taken a number of factors into consideration where naming conflicts occur as a result of consolidations. If it has been determined that your character needs to change their name you will see an exclamation point beside their name on the Character Select screen. When you log in with a character that has been identified as needing to be renamed you will be prompted to rename the appropriate character.

How will I know if one of my friends had to rename his character after the consolidation?

Your Friends List and Guild panel will update automatically with the new names of your friends’ characters if they have had to rename them. However, we would suggest that you check what your friends’ character names have changed to before mailing them or chatting with them to avoid any potential confusion.

Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#2 Drusala

Drusala

Sith Warrior

• Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I see the servers are still down ...

and 12 toon slots .. nice

#3 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Muhahahahaha

TRE-24chars.png
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.