Photo

[Accepted] : Application - Yumamma (Sorc DPS), Corban-ska (Jugg tank)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yumamma

Yumamma

Sith Knight

• Friends
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

General info
Main Character Name : Yumamma
Main Character Class : Sorc

NB - my original char is Corban (the Jugg, geared to full BH), but I've recently dinged on the Sorc, and progressed to HMs. Won't be too long to gear up to at least Columi, given the weeklies and BH comms. Might consider respeccing the Jugg as DPS for fun.

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) : DPS (Yumamma)

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Raider (both, as soon as sufficiently geared), and social (more for Corban and until Yumamma is geared). Want to keep my chars together, but realise you're really interested in a DPS.

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)
20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday :
20:30 – 23:00 Thursday :
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday :
20:30 – 23:00 Monday :

Most of these *can* work for me, but probably not more than about 2x per week. If I sign up for a raid, I will make it unless something comes up that's totally out my control (like travel problems). And I can often sub at short notice if you see me online.

Times given are CET. For the UK, subtract 1 hour. For other regions, I'll leave that for you to work out.

Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? :

Raided with a group of you once or twice a couple of months back - think I know Synalon, Ninrilith, Dravid, Wodawick and others, but not well.

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave :
(if you've been in multiple guilds within the last 3 months, please list all of them).

Hive, then briefly Watchmen. Both collapsed and everyone left. Not because of my deodorant, I promise.

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
Eternity Vault? : Complete on HM.
Karagga's Palace? : Complete on HM.
Explosive Conflict? : Complete on SM.

NB - this refers to my tank char, not the DPS.

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?
Flirted a bit with SW Galaxies, EQ2, Matrix Online and LOTRO ages ago, but no real experience there. No WoW for me. On principle.

What do you find is good about SW:TOR?
Hey - it's not WoW. It is SW. It looks great, and I get a lightsaber. Great SP experience while you're levelling up; not much grind. Nice challenging bosses, but...

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR?
Some puzzle fights are annoying. Well, more accurately, people who are convinced that something will work with a PUG that they once saw a guild do (the robot in KP anyone?)... But that's part and parcel.
People keep leaving!
Lack of new content.
People (esp kids) who whinge, but I think that's a human universal.

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to?
Played with you a while back - really good attitude and group dynamic. Only didn't apply then because I was in 2 minds about leaving Hive, and when they went back to WoW, I was very actively recruited by Watchmen.

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do?
Tanks are fun, and I always wanted to be Vader. Well, actually, I kind of like shooting lightning at people too, and it used to annoy me as a tank how fast a DPS could take down a mob. So I gave that a go. I like lightning. And DOTs.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a boring office worker with a long commute. But gaming is fun. Married with cats and a good PC.

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) :
Yes

What was the Mystery Phrase ? :
There are rainbows and unicorns down there

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yumamma, thank you for your application.
We'll discuss it and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Wodawick, Jasko or Caldazar in-game.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Gear isn't an issue. We can get you geared to 50% Rakata / 50% Columi in under a week most likely. 2 weeks max.
Then it's just a case of daily hardmode FP's to play catchup on BH commendations.
Even then with Denova SM and Terror From Beyond SM both dropping Black Hole Comms - that'll be pretty quick too.

One question one of our members has asked is if are you sure you'll be comfortable "swapping mains" from your Jugg to your Sorc?

I realise it wasn't your first choice, just want to give you chance to give it some extra thought.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.

#4 Yumamma

Yumamma

Sith Knight

• Friends
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Yes - I'm cool with swapping mains.

I've tanked every boss in the game several times, so there's not much left to do with my Jugg until and unless they raise the level cap, or unless I respec as DPS. So focusing on my Sorc is fine. And I'm sure that once in a blue moon it'll be worth having a spare geared tank.

Besides which, the main thing is to have the chance to play some raid content with a good group.

#5 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Besides which, the main thing is to have the chance to play some raid content with a good group.

Hmm. Are you sure you mean us? :P

Cheers for your patience, we should have an answer for you Saturday or Sunday at the latest.
Giving everyone chance to comment is important to us, and the forums can be quiet on non-raid nights.

Meanwhile, I'll try and catch you online and just fill you in on where we're up to. Although I'm spending a lot of time on the PTS at the moment.

#6 Yumamma

Yumamma

Sith Knight

• Friends
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ok cool. Will be on a bit over the weekend, though not sure what times.

#7 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Accepted for trial.

When you get chance, please go read our Introduction, Rules and Announcements forum for things like voice comms details and how to set up access to the raid planner.

And welcome to CD.