• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

General info

Main Character Name : Chilrico
Main Character Class : Bounty Hunter - Mercenary

Primary Role? (Tank, Healer, DPS) : DPS

Joining as? (Raider, Social) : Raider

If Raider, which of the following raid times are you able to attend? (Yes/No)
20:30 – 23:00 Wednesday : yes
20:30 – 23:00 Thursday : no
20:30 – 23:00 Sunday : yes
20:30 – 23:00 Monday : no

Times given are CET. For the UK, subtract 1 hour. For other regions, I'll leave that for you to work out.
Do you know any existing CD members in SW:TOR? (Yes/No) and if so, who? : yes

Vectura, Yuliah

What was the name of your previous guild in SW:TOR, and why did you choose to leave :
(if you've been in multiple guilds within the last 3 months, please list all of them).
The Necromonger Empire, I joined it from random pickup but would like to play more (Raids etc) with the friends that introduced me to the game, which will be easier being in same guild.

What is your raiding experience so far in SW:TOR? (stuff like 3/5 storymode, 5/5 hardmode, 1/4 nightmare or even "none") :
Eternity Vault? :none
Karagga's Palace? : 3/5
Explosive Conflict? : none

What previous MMO(s) have you played and what is the level of your experience?
Mainly played online Neverwinter though not sure it actually qualifies for being a MMO,
but the basics are the same just a smaller scale.
Also played a bit of WoW for a short time.

What do you find is good about SW:TOR?
I like the setting and story.
Also like that its possible to do several roles as a given class.
The endgame still being interesting.

What do you find is bad about SW:TOR?
I find it annoying that some puzzles and items are so hard to find that one needs to find a guide to get them.
Also spending half my playing time riding a speeder can be tiresome.

Why did you decide to pick Continental Drift to apply to?
I know a couple of the members and they high recommended that I apply to the guild.
Also the fact that they are members makes me want to join as well, since they have spoken highly of the guild.

Why did you decide to play the class/advanced class you do?
I decided on mercenary because i wanted a class that would be able to deal death and destruction and reading on forums,
mercenary was the most frequent suggested class.
I have tried a few of the other classes and I found that my prefered classes are the ranged ones.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 36 years old, male from Denmark.
Was introduced to the game by a couple of friends and have been hooked ever since.
played SW:tor for little over a month so there is a lot i havent tried in the game.

Have you read and understood the guild introduction and rules in the Recruitment Status post? (Yes/No) : yes
What was the Mystery Phrase ? :
There are rainbows and unicorns down there

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Chilrico, thank you for your application.
We'll discuss it and if our members have any questions for you, the officers will post those questions here.
Being Friday night, it could be a couple of days - please bear with us.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions or anything else you think we should know - please contact Wodawick, Jasko, Caldazar or Órange in-game.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

#3 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

I have only one question at the moment.

You've said you want to do more, raid more. You're mainly available Wednesday's and Sunday's only.

With our raiding arrangements, there could be weeks where you might be reserve on one of those nights (maybe even both).
That COULD be less that you are raiding already. So I wanted to highlight the possibility and check you were okay with how we organise raiding.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.

#4 Chilrico

Chilrico

Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the fast replies.

You are highlighting a potential issue I had not thought about..

Atm I am raiding roughly 2-3 times a week (did EV HM friday), so I would most likely be raiding a lot less.

So its something I need to give some thought, since I had not considered that option, ill try to see if I can catch one of you in game later today to discuss it further.

#5 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

No worries. I guess <The Necromonger Empire>'s raid days are significantly different than our own if you're already doing 2-3 days. Since you said a max of 2 for ours.

Give it some thought. We'll still be here.

#6 Chilrico

Chilrico

Sith Minion

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Having given this some thought, ive come to the decision that currently it would be best that I retract my application.

Thank you Wodawick for taking the time for replies and you made some really good points that I really had to consider hard.

I wish you all the best and have fun out there. :)

#7 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Sorry you've chosen to withdraw. I'm sure Vectura and Yuliah will be disappointed.

It does seem to be the right decision, given your needs. But if you ever change your mind - you know where we are.
Enjoy your raiding.