1 reply to this topic

#1 Drastic

Drastic

Sith Acolyte

• Friends
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

As a 'reward' for transfering BioWare are giving us all a free pet and 25 Black hole comms.

THE GANNIFARI

Posted Image

http://www.swtor.com/transfer

Drops August 7th 2012.

My suspicion is that this will fall in line with a 'World Event'.

This has been hinted at previously and makes sense with the pet being added.

Giving BH comms away seems stupid to me as they are already easily available.

Maybe they're phasing out the Tion/Col/Rak gear to create a more balanced gear tier setup. (hmmm)
All your Imperial credits are belong to us !

#2 Wodawick

Wodawick

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Dark Lord
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

It's most likely to mark a point near the end of this stage of server mergers migrations, rather than a world event. Though yes, it's also easy to imagine that the pet was designed for another world event and was co-opted. So maybe we'll get that too.

They're trying to give a final incentive to those people who haven't transferred off the origin servers yet. In effect ... "transfer before the end of July or lose the chance to get free stuff".
Expect another announcement in regards to server migration (either paid or mergers of the remaining stragglers) shortly thereafter.

It does worry me they're adopting the "oh, it's a reward for all those people who said nice things about transfers". Since that's clearly not the case, it undermines their credibility again when dealing with their customers in terms of honesty.

As far as the 25 BH commendations go.. my guess is 1.4 and the Hutt tier raid is on the horizon and they've decided that the majority of players aren't geared highly enough yet. So here's some gear... go catch up with your overachieving server mates.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.